What Every Business Owner
Must Know About Hiring an Honest, Competent, Responsive and Fairly Priced Network Consultant and IT Support Company
Don’t Trust Your Company’s Critical Data and Operations to Just Anyone! This Business Advisory Guide Will Arm You With 16 Revealing Questions You Should Ask Any Network Consultant Before Giving Them Access To Your Company’s Network
Not all computer consultants are created equal! The question is which ones will give you honest service and keep their promises, and which ones will take advantage of you like an unethical auto mechanic and possibly make things WORSE?
Choosing the wrong computer consultant to support your network can not only be incredibly frustrating and expensive, but could end up costing you in downtime, data loss, and expensive repair bills, not to mention the headaches and frustration!
Read this guide and you’ll discover:
- The “dirty little secret” to the computer repair industry that most people don’t know and will never be told by their IT guy (knowing this ALONE could save you from wasting tons of money and untold aggravation when outsourcing your computer support).
- 16 Revealing questions that will help you instantly spot an unethical or grossly incompetent computer repair/support technician in minutes.
- 3 Costly misconceptions most business owners have about computer maintenance and repair; one you will need to know BEFORE even picking up the phone.
- Viruses, worms, spyware, and hackers: what you need to know to protect yourself.
- 4 Mistakes to avoid when choosing a computer consultant.
- Why “cheap” or “lowest price” computer repair shops aren’t the bargain they initially appear to be.
- The one surefire sign that you should run – not walk – away from a computer support firm.
To find out how to select the right computer consultant for the job, download a FREE copy of our Business Advisory Guide which will arm you with 16 revealing questions you should ask any computer consultant BEFORE giving them access to your company’s computer network. Even if you aren’t ready to outsource your IT support or make a change from who you are using now, this report will give you the right information and questions to ask when the time comes. And if you have a sneaking suspicion that your current IT person is not delivering the level of service and support you need, this guide will quickly help you determine if your suspicions are correct – AND you’ll learn what you can do about it.