With the demise of Windows Small Business Server on the nearing horizon, it will cease to be supported as of June 13, 2013, Server 2012 Essentials becomes the new, 21st Century SBS solution. With enhanced server solutions for small to mid-sized businesses, such as improved access to cloud-based services for Office and Exchange, Microsoft has designed a more flexible server solution in response to the need for versatility from an increasingly mobile client base.
At North Star, Inc., we believe strongly in the power of Microsoft Windows, and Windows Server 2012 Essentials, to help you run your business more efficiently. As your preferred Denver network support provider, we fully endorse Microsoft server solutions as the answer to your 21st Century small business server needs.
You might enjoy reading our complete article series on Windows Server 2012.
Windows Server 2102 is the 21st Century Small Business Server Solution
Windows Server 2012 Essentials is the server solution designed specifically for small business. With improved data backup and security, enhanced sharing among the team, and full remote access to data and apps, you will be able to spend less time and money on your IT management needs, and more time on your customer’s needs.
- Improved data protection – with fully automated back-ups, built-in disaster recovery, and a single IT dashboard to help simplify system management.
- Access to critical apps and programs from virtually anywhere – with remote system monitoring, robust security, and enhanced workstyles through anytime access to critical systems.
- Easy access to the cloud – with cost-effective access to the cloud, seamless transition to remote integration when on the move, and hybridization with on-site apps.
Used in conjunction with Microsoft Office 365, Windows 2102 Essentials provides you with productivity tools you’ve always hoped you could find for your business. You and your team will be able to access all of the programs you find most useful, programs like Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, virtually anywhere at any time; through security-enhanced, cloud-based collaboration.
- Reduced capital investment in infrastructure and hardware
- Integrated access to cloud-based sharing
- A single, easy-to-use dashboard to manage your systems
- Seamless transitions to mobile productivity solutions
- Full, mobile access to all of your favorite Windows apps, like Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
For more details on the server solutions available from Microsoft, they have created an in-depth PDF to explain the various levels of services and sophistication for their small business servers.
If you are looking for reliable IT consulting in Denver and the surrounding areas, or for an on-site introduction to Windows Server 2012 Essentials North Star, Inc., is the place to go for quality Denver network support. Get in touch with us today with your IT Service Request.