Mobile is the way to go for businesses.
You can maximize productivity if you have the capability to work anytime and anywhere. Tablets make that possible because they offer business-class technological advantages without being tethered to a desktop computer. And with the right apps, you can work smartly and more efficiently than before.
Here are ten free apps that business users will find useful to have on their Windows 8 tablets.
- JustCloud. It allows for file syncing and cloud storage, so you can access your files anywhere. The app also works with iPhones and iPads.
- mSecure Password Manager. The application’s 256-bit encryption lets you store and sync important files in your Windows 8 tablet. It also comes with an auto-lock feature for added protection.
- My Server. This free app created by Microsoft enables you to tap into your server resources through any Windows 8 device. My Server allows you to manage users and access shared server files, among others.
- OneNote. This is another free app from Microsoft. It lets you create to-do lists and business itineraries in the cloud, so you can access them though a compatible mobile device with an internet connection.
- Quick Encryption. This free text-encryption app can encrypt and decrypt your sensitive personal data and passwords. Use it on your credit card numbers, SSN, usernames, etc.
- Remote Desktop. This Microsoft app allows your Windows 8 tablet to link up to your remote computer in order to access files. Dealing with multiple remote desktops and customizations are possible with this app.
- Save the Date. This app reminds you of important dates, such as deadlines and scheduled meetings. With Save the Date, there’s no more toting around of bulky paper organizers.
- Speaktoit Assistant. With this tablet app, you can verbally instruct a virtual assistant to launch programs, locate information, and manage your appointments on your calendar.
- Work Notes Pro. This app transforms your tablet into a multimedia recorder. With it, you can store and share audio, video, and other multimedia documents.
- Yandex.Disk. Similar to JustCloud, Yandex.Disk is a free online file storage app you can use on your tablet. With Yandex.Disk, you can quickly access and share documents while on the go.
Being on the go with a sleek and portable gadget like a tablet should not be an excuse for you to slack off and be disorganized. All these free apps can help you, in one way or another, run your business, meet deadlines, and work securely and more efficiently even while you are away from your desk.
If you are looking for reliable IT Services in Denver and the surrounding areas, North Star, Inc., is the place to go for quality Denver IT support. Get in touch with us today with your IT Service Request.